Thorough 3D measured surveys to de-risk your next project
Laser scanning is ideal for capturing everything in 3D space with speed and detail and can be referenced within common 3D modeling and coordination software used by building design and construction professionals. With technology evolving at an ever-staggering pace and new products entering the market at affordable prices, new users at organizations with a diverse range of skills are starting to add 3D data capture to their toolset. So, why SDMM?
Many factors impact the quality of a survey and not all point clouds are created equally. Laser scanning is a core competency of our company. We combine formal training, project experience, and decades of survey best-practices with state-of-the-art hardware/software tools to create high-quality deliverables free from errors.
We approach every project from a position of accountability and, when it has to be right, it’s our proficiency in surveying, project management and delivery, and professional staff that sets us apart.
Experience the advantages of using detailed, 3d measured data created by laser scanning systems providing much greater context compared to tradition survey deliverables. Our customers use our services for many design or as-built applications including:
- Scan to CAD – scanning existing buildings to create as-built floor plans and elevations drawings
- Scan to BIM – scanning existing assets to create a digital twin or as-built 3D model
- Engineering applications including highly detailed mechanical and structural design
- Architectural and heritage surveys
- Rail and road corridor feature surveys
- Condition assessment reporting
- Clash detection and conformance
- Floor flatness (FFL/FFE)
- Utilities, powerlines, and street furniture mapping
- Volumetric surveys